Tuesday, March 21, 2017

"Featured Photographer" Progress

As mentioned on my last blog post, I added "photo shoot with Fabi & Cassie". Fabi was previously introduced as my "cover girl", yet Cassie's identity remains a mystery... until now! 

One of our continuous segments of POLARIZE will include "Featured Photographer", which my edition will feature in the double-page spread. I asked my dear friend Cassie, who is an avid photographer, if she would be interested in working with me. Since she is in AICE Media Studies A Level, I knew she would understand the gravity of such a request, and she delightfully agreed! 

My initial thought process in asking her to be part of my COLOR CRAZE edition of POLARIZE was to include her wonderful work, which included some concentrated, colorful profiles. However, I realized since I cannot include her actual work, I decided to work a different angle in approaching the "Featured Photographer" section. Instead of showcasing her work, why not showcase the photographer? It is an interesting angle considering photographers are used to being behind the lens, not in front of the camera, yet having a personal photo shoot of the photographer does work well with our target audience; since we want to appeal to Generation Z, and our readers probably already have a previous interest in photography, showcasing other youth pursuing the same hobby can be encouraging and add a more interactive element to our magazine by giving the chance for even our very own subscribers to feature in POLARIZE.

Therefore, I have decided I will do a photo shoot of Cassie, continuing the colorful element throughout the entire edition. She told me she has multiple colorful light bulbs I could borrow to add an interesting light element, which I think will immensely transform the ambiance of the resulting pictures. Thank you for the inspiration Cassie!

Until next time, 
SLS

No comments:

Post a Comment