Saturday, March 18, 2017

Cover o' Colors

Being now the end of the second week, it's about time to stop researching and start doing. Which is exactly what I am going to do! It is finally time to create the cover!

Since my edition of Polarize will be the "Colors" edition,  I really want a cover that pops. I looked for inspiration at the Aperture covers, which happen to be some of my favorite that I've come across.



Aperture Magazine
Our group decided we wanted to do cohesive covers that involve a single or couple subjects with a solid color background. I particularly think this would strike an aesthetic appeal to our target audience of Gen Z, with its clean ,but intriguing look that makes it stand not only as a magazine cover, but artwork as well.

I decided to ask my friend Fabi for her assistance as the "cover girl". Considering she is a model (and one of the prettiest people I've ever met), I knew she wouldn't be shy in front of a camera. However, what mostly made me ask her was the inspiration she already gave me for a cover:

Instagram: @_fabimontenegro
I was in love with the contrast of the red Champion hoodie up and the blue eyeliner, and wanted to expand on the idea. I brought the idea to her, and she loved it so much she started to go all out and try some extravagant makeup looks with her eyeliner!

"I tried" - Fabi
Lastly, to complete the red and blue, I decided our background should be yellow. It'll be a nice pop to make the cover encompass the three primary colors. I still have yet to take the photos, but I will this coming week!

Until then,
SLS

No comments:

Post a Comment