Tuesday, April 4, 2017

The End is Nigh!

I am so, so proud of the progress I have been making so far these past couple of weeks. Since I took multiple photo shoots, I have a slew of options to choose from for my "Featured Photographer" double-page spread, which I intend to add multiple double-page spreads to add more dimension to the magazine.

Today in class, my group and I finalized our table of contents. I think the contents design, which is consistent throughout all four editions, will really tie the separate issues of POLARIZE together.

The only difference between each contents page is the color palette; the colors we choose are designed to hone into our respective themes. For my main color, I chose blue, which is known as "the world's favorite color". Considering my theme is simply "colors", after all, I found focusing in on the world's favorite color to be appropriate.

Additionally, I worked after school at Panera with Nikki, one of my group members. Together, we each worked on our respective editions, insuring that our magazines looked cohesive. Working side-by-side proved really beneficial rather than working on our own at home because together we were able to choose fonts and make sure text aligned properly. We were also able to give each other constructive criticism while each maintaining our own sense of independence within our issue.

Here's a sneak peek of the table of contents:


Everything is coming up roses, and I'm ready for it all to come together!!

Until then,
SLS

Wright, Angela. "Psychological Properties of Colours." Colour Affects, 
     www.colour-affects.co.uk/psychological-properties-of-colours. Accessed 4 
     Apr. 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment