Friday, March 31, 2017

Featured Photographer: Change is Good

Pertaining to my edition's double-page spread, I previously mentioned in a Week 3 blog post that I would be covering my friend Cassie as COLOR CRAZE's Featured Photographer. Unfortunately, with her being busy on her respective Media Studies A Level project and the impending AP Exam preparations that have crowded our agendas, a new direction has been taken.

Considering the extra photos I took of Fabi (as shown in "Picture Perfect"), making myself the Featured Photographer seems to be the best back-up plan. That way I can utilize my original photos without running into the previous issue of not being to include Cassie's photography since I can only include my own photography.

However, I still want to include a picture of myself, like I previously addressed in "'Featured Photographer' Progress". I still want to approach the angle of not only showcasing the photographer's work, but also the photographer his/herself with their own personal photo shoot that goes along with the theme.

In my case, I set up a tripod and a timer in order to take a self-portrait. Here are some of the results:



I know the intended goal of the Featured Photographer section will remain unhindered, even while making myself the Featured Photographer (yet it is feels strangely narcissistic to dedicate a whole double-page spread to myself). So, while this was a bump in the road, I know that this decision will ultimately make it easier on myself so I won't have to depend on other people but myself.

More to come!! 

Until then, 
SLS

No comments:

Post a Comment